If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you know exactly what you’ve lost. You’ve lost your sense of safety and security, your health, and the money that it’s costing for you to get better. When you’ve been injured and have had to pay—or have lost the ability to earn—it’s probably time to call a personal injury attorney. But what exactly can you be compensated for? This list is a starting point for both you and your personal injury lawyer to consider.
- Lost wages. If you’ve lost the ability to work, you deserve to be paid back for the time you missed. This includes overtime.
- Medical expenses. This can include hospital bills, doctor’s visits, physical therapy, and prescription medications, just to name a few.
- Emotional trauma, mental anguish, loss of love and affection, and embarrassment. The emotional side of an injury is worth something, too. Don’t discount this cost of what you’ve been through.
- Property damage. Was your car, home, or other property damaged in the accident? If so, you’re entitled to compensation to cover the replacement costs.
- Pain and suffering, physical disability, permanent scars, or disfigurement. These are the long-lasting physical effects of an injury. A good attorney will make sure you get adequate compensation to cover these life-changing circumstances.
- Out of pocket expenses. You may spend money to cover the things you can’t do while your injured, like yard maintenance or housework. Transportation expenses may also be covered.
Call Jordan Law Firm to discuss your personal injury claim. Our offices in Rock Hill and Columbia, SC are here to serve you.