Chan M. Ahn is an attorney admitted to practice law in South Carolina, Georgia, and Washington D.C. Prior to joining Jordan Law Firm in 2014, Mr. Ahn served as a law clerk for the Honorable Carolyn W. Rogers of the York County Probate Court and worked as a summer associate at Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP in Columbia, South Carolina.
Mr. Ahn attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, from which he received his Juris Doctor degree in 2014. While in law school, he served as the Special Projects Editor of the South Carolina Journal of International Law & Business (SCJILB) and worked as a research assistant for Prof. Marie C. Boyd. Throughout his three-year law school career, Mr. Ahn was the sole recipient of the West-Olivetti Endowed Scholarship. He also received the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards—which are given to the highest scoring student of each law school class—for Legal Research, Analysis & Writing II (LRAW II) and Advanced Legal Writing.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Ahn was the Founder & Chief Executive of Beehive Communications, Inc., a boutique consulting firm specializing in cross-cultural communication strategies, strategic networking, topic-specific research and investigative reporting projects, web-based media solutions, and digital communications services. Prior to founding his own firm in 2006, Mr. Ahn served as a press advisor at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul—where he earned the U.S. Department of State’s Employee of the Year Award (“Foreign Service National of the Year”)—and worked as a communications specialist for Samsung, a Seoul-based global conglomerate. He has also worked as a fashion designer, as a wine consultant, as an interpreter/translator, and as a tour guide in Western Europe.
Mr. Ahn is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA) and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). He is admitted to the State Bar, the Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, as well as to the Bars of the District of Columbia and South Carolina. He speaks fluent Korean and is proficient in web-based communication technologies. Mr. Ahn holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Clothing & Textiles and a Master of Arts degree in Journalism & Communication, both of which he earned from Kyung Hee University, one of the top private universities in Seoul, South Korea.
- Juris Doctor, University of South Carolina School of Law (2014)
- Master of Arts, Journalism & Communication, Kyung Hee University (2001)
- Bachelor of Science, Clothing & Textiles, Kyung Hee University (1995)
- State Bar of Georgia (2014)
- Court of Appeals of Georgia (2015)
- Supreme Court of Georgia (2015)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia (2015)
- District of Columbia (2015)
- South Carolina (2015)
- United States Immigration Court (2016)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- CALI Excellence for Future Awards, University of South Carolina School of Law (2012; 2014)
- West-Olivetti Endowed Scholarship, University of South Carolina School of Law (2011-2014)
- Employee of the Year Award (“FSN of the Year”), United States Department of State (2004)
- Meritorious Awards, United States Department of State (2002; 2005)
- Franklin Award, United States Department of State (2003)